Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 140

Thread: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

  1. #111
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    You close your eyes as much or more than anybody you accuse of closing their eyes.

    So 3 years is better than 2...absolutely....and then I guess 2 is better than 0. Oh wait when its Bensen you consider his collge and could have/would have/will do and when its Thomas you go look at Cards and excuses. And Anderson was a pro-bowler? I thought he maid the pro bowl as special teams, not as a running back....maybe I'm getting that mixed up...but not sure. I also think if you consider TJ's year with Tampa, that would be classified as a good year as well, so 3-3, just not all with the Bears.

    You're very good in your comments though. You didn't say that TJ lead the league in rushing, I think once person did, so you're trying to group. You didn't say JHam was a first round draft pick, matter of fact, you pretty much said he was no chance of being drafted. And be darned if you said Miller was better than Winslow, but if durability, you know one of the things you try to use to endorse the grand Benson so much is key, which is better? Miller who plays or the Soldier?

    And obviously you love to read certain boards. I decided to go look a few minutes last night myself, and yeah there was some Benson is GOD type posts, but there was several saying should get rid of Benson, didn't know what we had in TJ (and don't forget there is a third not to bad back there as well).

    I'll agree that the Bears probably will have to get rid of him, at least as of now, due to contracts. Maybe it bites them, maybe it don't, don't however act like the Chicago braintrust is all world and incapable of wrong just because its the Bears.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #112
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    um cockateer, where exactly in this thread did I say Benson was better/deserved to be starting/will be better than thomas, etc?

    I said jham was 7th round/undrafted....He faces the chances of being cut at any second, thats another reality for another thread.

    Uh Winslow has played 1 season and led the league in receptions by all TEs. Hes been in the league 2 years. So basically his 1 year is better than Millers whole career. Sorry bud, everyone outside of swva knows Winslow was one of the top 3 TEs in the league this year.

    I used college stats to shows Bensons durabiliy because thats why he was drafted. That was the coaches logic and Angelos logic, so do you know more than them?

    Actually most level headed bears posters say that Peterson is a good #2 back and should be fine spliting carries with Benson [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    Every GM is capable of being wrong, however, Angelo has more than proved his worth. He built not only 1, but 2 superbowl teams.

  3. #113
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    I've been reading the bears boards too. Mose level headed bears posters agree that TJ may not be replaceable, for the fact he is consistent, and a solid runner. Yes, most level headed bears posters are saying AP could be a #2 back, that's if Thomas was traded, or becomes a free agent.

    but I found this, and it shows what class Thomas Jones really has.
    "Everything happens for a reason. It was meant for me to be in the situation where I'm now. It really had nothing to do with me. I'm a spiritual person. I think God just put me in the right position at the right time, and this is where I'm supposed to be now. " Thomas Jones, on his relationship with Cedric Benson

    Thomas Jones will win the MVP of the SuperBowl, I almost gurantee this one. He'll have 2 touchdowns, both rushing.

  4. #114
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    TJ is a class act and a great player, I agree wholeheartedly. I think his chances of being the mvp are better than anyone on the bears team. I would say, he, Benson, Hester, or Rex have the best shot. Rex will win it if he throws 2 tds and has over 200 yards imo.

    For some reason, I have a feeling the colts are going to win, but Chicago will bring the wood hopefully.

  5. #115
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    I'm all for the Bears winning it. But this Super Bowl is Manning's, according to the media. He will be the MVP.

  6. #116
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    Burton just make sure Indy is your leadpipe lock of the week man [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

  7. #117
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    lol...Lock of the Week...Indy over the Bears!

  8. #118
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    manning throws 2 picks... tj scores 2 rushing td's 3, and 12 yards out...
    Bears win.. 31-17

  9. #119
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    No one is ever gonna convince me that Herschel walker was an elite NFL back. I watched his whole career and only in 86, 91, and 92 did he get in double digits in TDs. Those were his 1st years with Dallas and Philly and his last year with Minnesota. That is also receiving and rushing combined. All this at a time when he didn't hardly ever have to share the backfield with anyone. Furthermore, in 13 seasons he rushed for 1,000 yards only twice. Granted he was a beast in college. But as for a pro, he was OK.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #120
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    Hey Mega, Winslow has been in the league 3 years. he was a rookie in 2004. Granted he didn't play in 2005 and had a great year in 2006. I'm still not fond of him though.


    I think this thread has been hi-jacked.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •